To apply for admission to the Department of Social Sciences & Liberal Arts, you need to meet our minimum eligibility requirements, submit all necessary documentation, successfully complete our aptitude test and interview process. Additional details about all these procedures can be found on the IBA website www.iba.edu.pk.
- An on-line application form https://onlineadmission.iba.edu.pk/
- Your matriculation/ 'O' level certificate along with a transcript/mark sheet
- Your HSC/'A' level certificate along with a transcript/mark sheet
- A migration certificate from the relevant university/board, except in the case of Karachi University/Karachi Board
- An equivalence certificate in case of holders of degrees/ certificates issued by non-Pakistani universities/ boards
- Four recent, passport-sized photographs
- Your original fee-challan deposit slip
Eligibility Requirements (one of the following)
- Higher Secondary School Certificate(Any Group with 60% marks)
- 'A' Level(Minimum 1'B' and 2'C's) in 3 principle subjects
- An American High School Diploma(Minimum of 80%)
- An International Baccalaureate(Minimum 24/45)
Our aptitude test is similar to the SAT-1, and includes sections that test both verbal/English comprehension and mathematical ability. It also includes an essay component. The aptitude test is conducted twice each Spring semester for admission the following Fall. If you have already taken the SAT-1 or the ACT, and have received a score of 1840 or better on the SAT, or 28 or better on the ACT, are exempted from the aptitude test requirement.
Group Discussion & Interview
Once you have successfully completed the aptitude test, you will be invited for an interview and a group discussion. The group discussion assesses your interpersonal and communication skills and your leadership potential by asking you to discuss in a group setting a social science question or issue. During the interview, you will be asked, among other questions, why you have chosen to apply to the Department of Social Sciences & Liberal Arts at IBA and how this choice fits in with your long-term goals.